Undergraduate Admissions Data Analyst
Responsible to the Assistant Director of Operations for the operational maintenance and data integrity of the Undergraduate Admissions databases including, but not limited to, CRM Recruit and Banner. Provide functional user and high-level technical expertise, and enhance the Admissions team’s efforts by managing data, setting up reports, and analyzing data to help make data-driven decisions.
- Establish admissions best practice reporting analytics using Ellucian Analytics and Cognos; develop key performance indicators.
- Set up, maintain, and disseminate weekly, annual, and ad hoc reports. Maintain and develop reporting protocols.
- Ensure accuracy of data in CRM Recruit and Banner by developing methods to check for discrepancies, and by updating and changing student information. Monitor data integration between CRM Recruit and Banner, and ensure consistency between systems.
- Develop expertise in the NRCCUA Encoura Datalab reporting tools, and provide monthly data exports to refresh the Encoura Datalab with updated information from CRM Recruit.
- Develop statistical models to test aid variable and impact on student behavior. In partnership with Student Financial Services, employ multivariable regression analysis to refine the awarding process and achieve enrollment goals.
- Build and maintain data mapping and import and export rules for a wide range of source files, including Common Application, ACT, SAT, NRCCUA, etc. Perform database and import process maintenance.
- Work closely with Academic and Institutional Technology staff to improve database operations and data import/export processes; monitor, filter and correct data and troubleshoot and problem solve all data-related system issues.
- Assist with future implementation of document imaging software, including processes to index application credential documents.
- Ensure the security and integrity of data under the position’s purview by following campus security policy and other best practices.
- Other duties as assigned, such as:
- Assist with data entry during high volume periods
- Sort, organize, and match application credentials of prospective students during high volume periods
- Compile lists for direct mail and e-mail campaigns
- Participate in on-campus recruitment events and perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree required, with degree and/or coursework in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other related disciplines preferred.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills, with high attention to detail.
- Extensive experience with relational database management required, including proficiency in developing from scratch in SQL, HTML, Cognos, or other report writing and querying tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced skills in Excel.
- Data visualization experience.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and high pressure, high stakes environment.
- A strong commitment to collaboration and customer service, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in statistical analysis, with working knowledge of SPSS, is preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience successfully managing technology projects that are on time and on budget, using standard project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of Ellucian CRM Recruit (Microsoft Dynamics platform), Slate, Salesforce, or similar CRM is a plus.