Circulation Desk Supervisor
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Circulation Desk Supervisor. The Circulation Desk Supervisor manages all operations of the library's Information Desk and coordinates support services for patrons. He/she hires, trains, and supervises all student employees, inspiring customer service excellence. The position includes overseeing technology, security and facilities in the library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports all library operations as the initial service point for assistance and support for all users
- Responsible for staffing, scheduling and overseeing all student and some part-time library employees
- Initiates, plans, and conducts a variety of programs and activities to encourage the use of the library
- Helps to develop and implement library policies and procedures
- Responsible for all circulation activities including overdues, lost items, recalls, holds, and more
- Working closely with IT staff, provides technical support to patrons using computers, printers/scanners, and iPads
- Operate the library's reserves/textbook reserves systems.
- Collegially responds to complex requests from faculty and staff
- Welcomes tours and other visitors
- Assists students and other patrons in-person and via telephone; analyzes patron requests; refers patrons to appropriate sources for solutions
- Corresponds with vendors to procure equipment and supplies
- Arranges furniture and organizes collections to ensure maximum efficiency and space utilization
- Monitors and maintains security in the Library building
- Maintains statistics regarding overdues, lost items, library visitors and usage in the building as needed
- Manages operational support in absence of the Director and/or other librarians
- Participates in staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and experience in a customer-facing position, preferably in an academic library
- Supervisory experience
- Experience training employees
- Experience writing and implementing policies and procedures
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn and master technology
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Master's degree in Library and Information Studies, or similar degree
- Experience providing reference assistance in a library environment
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.