Technology Support Specialist
Under moderate day-to-day supervision, with a moderate degree of independent judgment and discretion, provides hardware, software, networking, and server support as required by the Technology Desk.
- Provide level one and two technical support for Mac and PC computers, peripherals and associated equipment.
- Identify problematic trends and develop pro-active solutions in collaboration with developers and system administrators.
- Assist with the deployment and maintenance of computers and computing devices.
- Assist the Technology Services staff with daily operations, call tracking, and other duties, when necessary.
- Display excellent customer service skills while handling issues via phone, remotely, or on-site.
- Repair and/or replace under-warranty Mac and PC hardware.
- Respond, update and close all service requests assigned by the Service Desk.
- Perform all other related duties as required.
Education: HS Diploma/GED required, BA preferred.
Experience: Two years technology experience with Mac and Windows. PC virtualization and networking knowledge is a plus.
Skills: Advanced knowledge of Windows 7 and 10, Mac OS X, Active Directory, virus removal, and hardware replacement. Must demonstrate inter-cultural competence and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.