Director of the Solution Squad
Maryville University is accepting applications for The Director of the Solution Squad. The Director is an essential leader within the Division of Operational Excellence, which includes the Office of the Registrar, Student Accounts, Financial Aid, and Cashier. The Solution Squad serves as a centralized resource for all functions within the Division of Operational Excellence and other areas of the University. This position leads the team to support these integrated functions as they relate to faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, and other members of the Division of Operational Excellence. As the direct supervisor of the Solution Squad, the Director of the Solution Squad enhances the student experience by leading Maryville University’s efforts to provide seamless navigation of all student support services, including greeting visitors, prospective students, and families. The ideal candidate will exemplify the highest quality of customer service and will serve as a departmental expert capable of leading training on customer service. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff, students and visitors.
Essential functions of this role include, but are not limited to, management and supervision of the Solution Squad team; evaluating processes and procedures within the Solution Squad to identify barriers to student success and proactively work to eradicate obstacles; managing the Division phone and email queues in accordance with the established service level agreements (SLAs); analyzing data trends to make strategic, student-centered decisions; train new employees; and oversee online community and online chat requests to provide timely responses in accordance with the established SLAs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years of customer service experience
- 2 to 3 years of supervisory experience (non-professional or student employee supervision will be accepted)
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively present information
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of integrated software systems as well as Microsoft Office Suite and file management
- Ability to multi-task and flourish in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to be adaptable, intuitive, and flexible
- Strong sense of initiative; self-starter
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Master’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of management experience
- Experience in a high volume call center environment
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague/ SIS Systems
- Experience with Salesforce Communities/ CRM Systems
- Previous higher education experience
Hours may be flexible to include some evenings and weekends
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.