Adjunct Faculty – Electrical, Computer & Mechanical Engineering
SUMMARY OF POSITION ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Florida’s newest state university is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as Adjunct Professor for face-to-face, part-time instruction in the following courses:
- Computer Engineering – Digital Logic Design, Embedded System Design, Machine Intelligence
- Electrical Engineering – Control, Renewable Energy, Electrodynamics
- Mechanical Engineering – Solid Mechanics, Thermal Sciences, Fluid Mechanics, ME Topics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and skills relevant to face-to-face course development and delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Teaching and industry experience preferred.
- At least a master’s degree with 18 credit hours in teaching discipline from an accredited institution.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: The salary will be commensurate with years of teaching experience:
· 1-5 years: $5000 per 3-credit course
· 6-10 years: $5500 per 3-credit course
· 10+ years: $6000 per 3-credit course
· Labs and 4 credit courses pay at a different rate
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
• Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
• Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format:
• Letter of Application
• Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of Research Interests
• Statement of Teaching Philosophy
• List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information) and unofficial copy of the Ph.D./M.Sc. transcript