The Career and Technical Education (CTE) Center Coordinator assists the Center Director/Principal Investigator and grant administrators in the development and implementation of administrative systems, procedures and guidelines to ensure effective communication across the Center's programs, services and supplemental grants with a total budget of $1million. The Coordinator is responsible for tracking, monitoring and reconciling expenditures, managing accounts payable/receivable, reconciling the department credit card, and submitting and managing department purchases. He/she directs ongoing and special projects and develops programs and systems to manage daily activities.
The Center Coordinator works with external agencies involved with the projects/grants such as the School District of Philadelphia, area Career and Technology Centers, high schools within the Temple Center service area, PA Department of Education, post-secondary institutions, and other local, state, and national agencies.
The Center Coordinator manages and schedules courses as well as maintains course inventory for field-based instruction programs to ensure that courses are offered according to program requirements and that instructional needs are met. He/she also coordinates special events.
The Center Coordinator trains, develops, supervises and evaluates the Center's clerical staff and manages payroll and time collection for employees, consultants, and independent contractors. He/she implements personnel policy and procedures, and develops and updates office training materials and procedure manuals needed to ensure the efficient operation of the central office.
Perform other duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years directly related experience that includes supervising staff, managing grants and budgets. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Required Skills & Abilities:
* Strong mathematical aptitude, an understanding of fiscal cash flow management and ability to manage a grant.
* Ability to use automated financial, student, and employee systems.
* Ability to train, develop, supervise and evaluate staff.
* Ability to develop systems to improve efficiencies and productivity
* Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially EXCEL and WORD..
* Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including report writing skills for précis, evaluations, and memoranda.
* Strong presentation, collaborative and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to deal with all levels of administration.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision.
* Knowledge of standard office equipment and procedures. Preferred:
* Master's degree
This is a grant funded position
This position requires a background check Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law. Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact. To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/ You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.