Nurse Science Instructor
Job Description: To develop in each student the skills of critical thinking and to help students learn the subject matter presented to them in order for that student to become a positive member of the community.
Other performance measures: Successful performance of the job requires creativity, initiative, and effective problem solving. Must work constructively with faculty, staff, and university officials to accomplish essential job functions. An incumbent must use tact and diplomacy. Following school dress standards, proper attendance or leave policies, and other work-habits concerns are required.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Teach and evaluate students in classroom and clinical laboratory. This function is carried out collaboratively with the team leader, team members and other faculty. Provide input into the budget planning process.
2. Collaborate with team to plan, implement, and evaluate teaching effectiveness.
3. Prepare learning activities and classroom presentations covering objectives for assigned theory.
4. Develop test items covering assigned theory.
5. Facilitate student clinical conferences.
6. Make student clinical assignments.
7. Collaborate within and among teaching teams in evaluation and revision of course content.
8. Participate in institutional, departmental, team, & committee meetings.
9. Maintain cooperative, collegial relationships with clinical agencies.
10. Participate with team members in student evaluation by:
a. Grading tests, participating in test analysis and providing student feedback.
b. Evaluating & returning written student assignments with written feedback within the time frame set by the teaching team.
c. Using clinical evaluation tool to provide weekly student feedback on clinical performance.
d. Maintaining student and course records according to team guidelines.
e. Planning and scheduling student evaluation conferences.
11. Provide supervision and assistance to students in the clinical area.
12. Participate in continuing education and/or academic study.
13. Counsel and refer students as needed.
14. Schedule and post office hours weekly according to established university policy.
15. Participate in official department and OSU-OKC functions.
16. Support and maintain a collegial relationship with other faculty members and students that is conducive to learning.
17. Support the philosophy and policies of OSU-OKC and department of nursing.
18. Substitute for Team Leader as needed.
19. Implements the Student Success Model for retention.
20. Implements the assessment model.
21. Participate in professional development through format course work, seminars, workshops, professional organizations, or professional literary material.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Hiring Range:(Contingent upon available funding): 0.00 - 0.00, Commensurate