Clinical Faculty/Adjunct, School of Nursing
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB: Add to the SON faculty individuals of high clinical competence to accomplish the aim of excellence in nursing education.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: Teaches in the clinical and simulation settings; incorporates evidence-based practice into teaching activities and maintains a commitment to serving the SON.
- Responsible for teaching in the clinical settings including simulation approaches to teaching in the pre licensure Programs as assigned.
- Maintains current clinical competency and knowledge of current evidence in the literature required to teach in the clinical settings assigned.
- Follows direction of the relevant program directors regarding the adoption of teaching approaches to achieve academic program outcomes.
- Works under the direction of the Theory Course Coordinator to ensure integration of the theory and clinical content of the course.
- Completes all training as directed by the Program Director.
- Meets all compliance requirements of the clinical sites assigned.
- Attends orientation for the clinical sites assigned.
- Ensures that all students in the assigned clinical group have completed compliance requirements for the assigned clinical site.
- Applies principles of adult learning and evidence-based practice.
- Prepares and submits incident reports related to student exposures according to site and SON policies.
- Adheres to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) that protects the privacy of student educational records.
- Works collaboratively with nurse managers, staff nurses, and other representatives of the clinical units assigned.
- Meets with students as requested or when necessary to address student performance concerns.
- Provides students with a recommended plan for academic improvement as needed.
- Provides timely feedback to students on their clinical progress.
- Communicates in writing with students, Course Coordinator, Program Director, and student's academic advisor if student is not passing at midterm or at the end of the course.
- Participates in preparation for and activities during academic program accreditation as requested.
- Participates in open houses, special student days, orientation, degree completion ceremonies and graduations as requested by the Department Chair.
- Demonstrates teaching approaches in the simulation lab for visitors or potential students.
- Serves on departmental and school committees as assigned by the Department Chair
- Participates in professional activities such as being a member of a professional organization associated with the clinical instructor's clinical practice specialty.
Current licensure as a registered nurse in good standing inKentucky.
Master's degree in nursing or DNP with advanced practicecertification.
Documented effectiveness in collaboration andcommunication.
Ability to effectively manage details and problem solve in a complexenvironment.
Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so at Johns Hopkins School of Nursing.
Able to travel to clinical facilities outside ofthe Frankfort, KY area.
Experience in a nursing practice .
Experience in a clinical teachingrole.
National certification in area of clinicalspecialty.
Ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods
Occasional ability to lift, carry, and put away parcels weighing up to 25pounds
Normal physical mobility, which includes movement from place to place on the job taking distance and speed into account
Normal physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools
- Normal endurance
Apply for Clinical Faculty/Adjunct, School of Nursing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly