Part-Time International Admissions Associate
Salary $12.80 Hourly
Location Champaign, IL
Job Type Part-time, 19 hours or less per week
Department Student Services
Job Number ptadmiss10.10.18
Application review will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
The Part-Time International Admissions Office Assistant is responsible for providing assistance to the International Student Services Advisor and the International Admissions Advisor. Responsibilities include providing front-desk office duties, clerical functions, working with and protecting confidential information, responding to emails in the International Admissions inbox, ordering office supplies for the International Admissions office and providing excellent customer service.
The Part-Time International Admissions Office Assistant works on a schedule determined by the Associate Director of Admissions. The position requires the ability to communicate effectively and clearly in written form and verbally to a diverse population. In addition, the position requires attention to detail, and must comply with federal, state and Parkland College policies with regard to admission of international students.
This position is a part-time, 12-month, 19 hours-or-less per week appointment with an hourly rate of $12.80
All applicants must submit
- An online Parkland College employment application
- Cover Letter
Essential Job Functions
- Handle all general inquiries (walk-in, phone, and email) from visitors that come into the International Admissions office.
- Greet all visitors to the office of International Admissions.
- Assist with processing of International Admissions application.
- Assist with the coordination/execution of international student retention activities.
- Order and maintain office supplies for the International Admissions Office.
- Maintain the professional appearance of the front office and conference room.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Provide clerical support by making copies, mailing correspondence, and filing documents for International applicants, newly admitted and current Parkland College international students.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) years of professional office experience.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to handle confidential material judiciously.
- Functional ability with Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Knowledge of proper phone business etiquette; ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing with individuals for whom English is not their first language.
- Ability to work with diverse populations of students and understand that there are differences in culture norms from all over the world.
- Excellent customer service skills, including exercising patience.
- Must produce and sustain accurate, detail-oriented work.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, including personal computer, multi-line telephone, scanner and copy machine.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with all employees.
01 This position often requires multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. What experience have you had in a similar environment?
02 What experience do you have working with College-age students and their parents?
* Required Question
Parkland College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.