Tittle IX Coordinator
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Kentucky State University is seeking a full-time Title IX Coordinator who will report to the Vice President for Student Affairs and have the primary responsibility for coordinating and implementing the University's Title IX compliance efforts as well as helping to strengthen a culture that supports a safe and respectful learning, working and living environment. This includes monitoring and enforcing the University's sexual misconduct policy; coordinating the prompt, effective, and equitable investigation and timely resolution of all complaints of sexual misconduct; and leading the University's education, training, prevention, and outreach efforts related to Title IX and sexual misconduct
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and executes the University's prompt, effective and equitable response to complaints of sexual misconduct, including implementation of formal and informal resolution procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements and University policy.
- Meets with complainants to provide information regarding available resources, interim measures, and reporting and resolution options.
- Coordinates and monitors a prompt and equitable investigatory process in cases of sexual misconduct, including assignment and supervision of Title IX investigators.
- Maintains and monitors data related to complaints and investigative activities, and provides periodic and annual reports as appropriate.
- In consultation with other University offices, leads the development and implementation of University climate surveys.
- Maintains and updates content for the University's Title IX policies.
- Continuously identifies and integrates best practices into the campus knowledge base and practice.
- Works collaboratively with other University offices, including the Office of General Counsel, Student Affairs, Student Conduct, Student Health, and others.
- Regularly attends Title IX education programs to understand best practices as they relate to Title IX and sexual misconduct issues.
- Other related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education and experience):
- Bachelor's degree required; J.D. or advanced degree in higher education administration or related field preferred.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a legal, student conduct, student life, human resources or similar field.
- Experience working on compliance with Title IX regulatory requirements in a higher education environment will be considered highly valuable.
- Investigatory experience, excellent verbal and written communication skills required as are strong presentation, interpersonal skills, and an ability to work collaboratively with various campus representatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work as a member of leadership team.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior /office environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
This section intentionally left blank.