Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
This position will be expected to focus on conducting research in the field of pharmacology and physiology of voltage- gated calcium channels. Job responsibilities will include:
- Independently manages and maintains multiple colonies of transgenic mice through selective breeding, genotyping, health checks, and keeping animal inventory records.
- Performs independently behavioral assays and surgeries, including stereotactic injections of drug compounds and viral vectors in mice.
- Perfuses and processes brain tissue for various downstream analyses.
- Responsible for tissue sectioning, immunostaining, microscopy, Western blotting, RNA isolation and related methods.
- Prepares primary tissue cultures, especially primary glial and neuronal cultures, as well as recombinant cells.
- Complies with all regulatory agencies and departments: IBC, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), Research Animal Resource Center (RARC) and IACUC; assists in amendments and renewals of animal use and lab safety protocols.
- Keeps clear, accurate and up-to-date records of work performed.
- Attends departmental seminars and group meetings.
- Ensures that projects are executed successfully and completed within appropriate time frames to meet research goals and deadlines.
- Preforms ordering of supplies and animals for the lab
Minimum of a Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience.
In molecular techniques, as well as in handling mouse colonies and cell cultures
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14899
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20138 - SOM-Anesthesiology
Posting Date: Oct 10, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kecia Keliiholokai
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00755257