Academic Services Program Director
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 12,400 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universities by U.S. News & World Report. Colorado Springs, (pop. 400K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.
Nature of Work:
The Pre-Collegiate Development Program (PCDP) at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is a system-wide, institutionally funded academic program for college-bound high school and middle school students. It is designed to motivate and prepare first generation students in pursuit of their higher educational goals. PCDP is structured to ensure that students are academically prepared to enroll in, and be successful at UCCS, the University of Colorado system or any other postsecondary institution of the students' choice. This position exists to develop, design, and implement the goals and objectives of the Pre-Collegiate programs and Partnerships. An important purpose of this position is to plan for the future of the program while maintaining the mission and striving for growth by creating new vision and direction for innovation.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Provides leadership and oversight for all PCDP efforts related to in-district concurrent enrollment courses, transition/academic coach development, faculty professional development; and Summer Academic Institute curriculum.
- Works under the oversight of the Executive Director to maintain program budgets
- Enumerates specific duties, including outcomes and how they are achieved among program managers and the executive director.
- This position will work with the the other program director and executive director to develop and implement strategic partnerships with on-campus departments, other PCDP leaders across the 3 CU campuses, school district leaders, and community partners
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills.
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in working with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Wide initiative and discretion is allowed in communicuation with the Executive Director
- The ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and collegially with the many constituencies whose contributions are required for the success of the PCDP program.
- Ability to plan, organize, meet deadlines, work under pressure, delegate, and organize multiple projects or tasks.
- Strong knowledge of financial principles to analyze financial, operational and budgetary data, and demonstrated expertise in managing a university budget.
- Analytical abilities and skills to address complex problems or issues.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and early mornings as required
This position has been determined to be exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Salary Range: $ 48,905 - $51,000
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master's degree in a field of study related to the work assignment.
- 2-3 years related experience working with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education.
- Fluent Spanish speaker
- Experience working with pre-collegiate development programs in particular with first-generation students
- Experience working in a post-secondary educational environment
- Experience overseeing and managing a complex budget
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by November 2, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40392 - VCAF PCSSC
Posting Date: Oct 10, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Amy Box
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00002649