JOB NO.: 106197-US
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: VET M/CCU-ANESTH-ER/ANESTHES
Categories: Animal Care, Veterinary Medicine
Employment Class: University Staff-Ongoing
Position Vacancy ID: 106197
Working Title: VETERINARY TECH
Official Title: VETERINARY TECH 3(35303) or VETERINARY TECH 2(35302) or VETERINARY TECH 1(35301)
Hiring Department: A878100-SCHOOL OF VET MEDICINE/CCU-ANESTH-ER/ANESTHES
Term: This is an Ongoing appointment
This is an advanced level position assisting professional veterinary medical personnel in complex anesthesia procedures in support of the daily operational needs of UW Veterinary Care (UWVC). Employes work with both small and large animal patients in Anesthesia with back-up support to the Critical Care Unit. Position responsibilities require the individual to demonstrate initiative and the ability to make independent discretionary judgments that can affect the quality/outcome of animal life. Requires the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. independently and physical and manual dexterity to perform specialized technical tasks. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
1) Oversees and assures that high quality care is administered and maintained in the anesthesia care of animal patients.
2) Monitors workflow schedules specific to procedures requiring anesthesia, initiates changes and lends assistance when
3) Participates in instruction of veterinary students and training of veterinary technicians.
4) Assists supervisor in problem-solving activities and administrative tasks.
5) Participates and understands the importance of working as a team member within the hospital structure (i.e. communication
with supervisors and faculty for enhancing productivity and quality patient care).
6) Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate proposed ideas and solutions.
The work is performed under general direction.
Certification as Wisconsin Veterinary Technician or Eligibility to Obtain
Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri 8:30am-7pm (10 hr days) with a 30 min lunch and Wed off
Instructions to applicants:
Please click "Apply Now" to start the application process. You will be required to submit a cover letter and resume highlighting your qualifications and experience as it relates to this position. You will also be asked to provide contact information for three references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Probationary Period will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Sep 25 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Oct 9 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time