Medical Education Assistant
Working Title: Medical Education Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Family Medicine
Posting Date: 10-10-2018
The Department of Family Medicine at the University of Virginia seeks applicants for a Medical Education Assistant. This position provides administrative support to Pre-doctoral programs, clinical electives, and faculty in the Department of Family Medicine. Incumbent manages faculty schedules, assists in preparation of course materials; course and program administration, and coordinates with other individuals in and outside of UVa Health Systems. Incumbent is responsible for providing assistance with production of scholarly work resulting from the evaluation of student programs.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required as well as two years of administrative experience. A Bachelor's degree may substitute for experience. Excellent verbal and written communication is required.
This is a restricted position contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, A2K3, New Innovations and scanning.
2. Ability to organize, prioritizes, and completes multiple projects simultaneously.
3. Ability to solve problems independently and in consultation with appropriate faculty.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Ability to effectively collaborate with individuals from multiple disciplines and backgrounds.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85766