North Texas Mascot Coach
North Texas Mascot Coach
Student Affairs-Gen - 160000
Is this an internal posting only?
Varies; some weekends and evenings
One of the goals of the Student Activities Center is to help students get connected and involved on campus, to maximize their collegiate experience. Through a variety of events, services, and resources, the office provides students and student organizations with opportunities to connect to the university and to other students. Student Activities promotes a sense of community and loyalty to the University while serving to enhance the social, intellectual, and developmental growth of students as individuals or as members of organizations. It does this through three main areas: campus-wide events and traditions; off-campus student services; and student organization services.
Student Activities at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a North Texas Mascot Coach to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assist the Assistant Director of Student Activities for Spirit/Traditions and Risk Management in the management, administration, and instruction of the mascot program in accordance with the University of North Texas, Conference USA, NCAA, and competitive mascot rules and regulations, if applicable.
* Assist with the instruction of mascot student-athletes in the proper techniques of competitive performing, including character development, dancing, audience interaction, etc.
* Assist the Assistant Director of Student Activities for Spirit/Traditions and Risk Management with the planning, coordination, and providing instruction for auditions, practices, conditioning, preparatory clinics, and performances at football games, basketball games, camps, competitions, and assigned events.
* Assist in ensuring emphasis on safety and welfare of student-athletes during instructional activities (e.g., practices, tryout preparatory clinics), tryouts, performances, and competitions.
* Recruit and correspond with potential student-athletes of high character and integrity to participate in the mascot program.
* Attend practices, football games, basketball games, Conference USA basketball tournament, bowl games, assigned events and performances, preparatory clinics, auditions, camps, and competitions, at the discretion of Assistant Director of Student Activities for Spirit/Traditions and Risk Management.
* Provide mascot feedback through one on one meetings and attendance at various events and communicate any issues to the Assistant Director of Spirit/Traditions and Risk Management.
* Work in collaboration with administration to enhance and support university traditions, spirit-building events, and the game-week/day atmosphere for all home football games, men's and women's basketball, and other athletic events as needed.
* Develop and maintain relationships with other spirit group personnel to foster an atmosphere of collaboration and camaraderie between spirit groups, and with student-athlete family and alumni to promote program involvement.
This position is responsible for assisting the Assistant Director for Spirit and Traditions and Risk Management with the instruction, direction, and safety of the University of North Texas Mascot program. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Student Activities for Spirit/Traditions and Risk Management within the Student Activities Center. The position requires non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and occasional travel.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of two years collegiate Mascot participant experience.
* Excellent management, organizational, and communication skills, as well as familiarity with current trends in dance performance and safety, are essential.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting