Counseling & Higher Education - 132300
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Department of Counseling and Higher Education is one of four departments in the University of North Texas College of Education. The department houses two academic programs: Counseling and Higher Education. We promote human development through education, research, and service that advance the professions of, and scholarship in, counseling and higher education. We seek local, state, regional, national, and international prominence as a collaborative and transformative community engaged in exemplary research, education, and service that benefit the professions of counseling and higher education, the public's they serve, and humanity at large.
The Counseling and Higher Education Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Specialist to join our team.
The Center for Play Therapy's (CPT) research and training programs have grown significantly over the past few years. An administrative position is needed to insure the effective operations of the Center.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* The supervision of Center employees and the overall management of office operations, particularly the management of accounting systems (i.e. maintaining annual budget for all programs, handling all purchases, sales, and conference revenues), and requires provision of excellent customer service. This position is supervised by the Director of the Center for Play therapy and also falls under the supervision of the Department of Counseling & Higher Education. The Administrative Specialist IV is responsible for the direct, day-to-day supervision of all Center employees, including student workers.
The Administrative Specialist IV job responsibilities include:
* Oversee and maintain computerized accounting system for all CPT accounts.
* Oversee purchasing for all CPT program accounts including record keeping, follow through until delivery, and reconciliation of accounts.
* Supervise and evaluate employees, maintain schedules and work assignments, and establish procedures to insure a high level of office staff morale.
* Oversee the successful operation of CPTs product sales program including inventory, marketing and record keeping.
* Collaborate with CPT Director and appropriate agencies and UNT personnel to insure timely and successful grant application process, and to insure timely and efficient administration and record keeping for Center grants.
* Coordinate all media production and media requests to insure accurate information and high public visibility for Center.
* Document all Center programs' activities and prepares required annual Center reports.
* Maintain Resources Library in CPT including purchases, publication requests, and computerized library inventory.
* Oversee the development and maintenance of efficient records keeping and filing system.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Associate's degree and three years of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience in managing office with multiple operations, supervising employees.
* Experience managing financial and accounting systems.
* Broad range of computer applications.
* Excellent customer service skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting