Vice President, Academic Affairs
San Diego, CA
Los Angeles, CA
TCS Education System is currently seeking a Vice President, Academic Affairs (VPAA) to join its System Office.
Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer, VPAA provides academic and strategic support for all affiliate colleges. As a member of the TCS Executive leadership team, works cooperatively with colleagues to enhance the mission, vision and strategies of the System. The VPAA works closely with the Chief Operating Officer of the System assuring effective integrated operations throughout the student experience. The VPAA is responsible for working with and supporting the faculty and academic staff of the affiliate colleges in the delivery of instruction that achieves goals of academic excellence, consistent with the dynamic and diverse goals of the affiliate colleges' academic priorities. The VPAA contributes to the development of sound academic operating policies and processes that support student success, quality administration, and regulatory compliance. The position may be located in Chicago or Southern California.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the development, and evaluation of academic programs and services in conjunction with each affiliate college including quality in programs, technologies, and cross organization knowledge transfer processes, consistent with accreditation requirements.
- Managing academic operations and services for Institutional Research, Academic Compliance and Records, Library and Information Resources, Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Data Analytics, with other international enrollment and operations linkages.
- In collaboration with Affiliate colleges, implementing and supporting best practices for hybrid and online learning, while advancing a leading-edge vision in academic delivery.
- In collaboration with Affiliate colleges, working with faculty and instructional designers/technologists to enhance courses in face-to-face, hybrid and distance education modalities, managing the scoping, design, development, and implementation of courses and programs of study.
- Providing policy and best practices through guidance of implementing innovative and successful new academic programming ideas.
- Working collaboratively with multiple offices including Deans and Department Chairs/Program Directors and various Committees in defining and shaping academic and strategic priorities for each college.
- Supporting colleges with development or transition matters related to academic affairs.
- Managing academic resources; supporting faculty development and continuous learning.
- Promoting academic strategies for successful student outcomes.
- Serving as support and liaison to the affiliate colleges' Academic Deans and Faculty Councils.
- Maintaining familiarity with regional accreditation standards and updates, and assisting with drafting/editing of accreditation documents for compliance and operations by working with legal colleagues and college leadership.
- With TCS colleagues, advances System growth initiatives and delivers on Board approved goals and strategies.
- Demonstrated strong understanding, knowledge, and experience with implementing best practices for learning regardless of modality in a college or university.
- Knowledgeable in current and trending policies, practices, technology, and operations of academic programs.
- Extensive experience in accreditation processes, preferably both regional and program specific, to include experience in submissions for new programs and changes.
- Ability to lead through influence, collaboration, and empowerment.
- Skilled at accomplishing goals and objectives; project management orientation.
- Adept at applying critical-thinking and planning skills.
- Competencies in faculty/staff development and learning management.
- Demonstrated behavior advancing and advocating for student outcomes in higher education.
- Senior level experiences in higher education administration/operations with strength in academic leadership and a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement.
- In depth knowledge of accreditation requirements and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to define issues, develop alternatives, and build solutions; effective leadership experience with diverse teams.
- Extensive experience in working in a system environment, with multiple institutions each having their own mission, vision, and student populations
- Knowledge of and ability to advise on advancing grants, career services and alumni engagement
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- An earned Doctorate from a regionally accredited institution
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible, successful administrative and academic management experience in a growing, multifaceted organization.
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic planning, academic practices, curriculum and instructional design, financial analysis, and budget formation.
- Experience coordinating efforts across functions and departments, and working effectively within a matrix organization.
- Experience managing people and projects within a growth-oriented organization, demonstrating ability to be flexible and willingness to adapt.
- Experience in building relationships with faculty, accreditors, and outside partners.
- Strong knowledge of technology applications and the linkages to academic operations in supporting the academic functions of the colleges.
- Excellent analytical, professional, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience relating to and effectively working with multiple constituencies as a leader and as a member of a matrix leadership team.
- Extensive experience with accreditation and regulations of higher education.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TCS Education System