Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 28th member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2018, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Office of Academic Affairs - 6010610
Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy, Unofficial Transcript 1, Unofficial Transcript 2
The Associate Provost undertakes projects at the direction of the Provost. In particular, the Associate Provost is assigned tasks that depend on detailed quantitative analysis and keen understanding of the higher education environment.
- Assists in the strategic and operational planning
- Performs tasks that depend on detailed quantitative analysis and keen understanding of the higher education environment
- Identifies, plans and executes assigned projects
- Encourages collaboration among and between direct reports and other areas of the Sr. VPASA/Provost division
- Leads staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- PhD/Ed.D in Economics, Finance or a field where quantitative analysis is required
- Ten years of experience in senior-level positions of responsibility with the higher education community, with documented leadership responsibilities
- Successful work as a faculty member
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.