Institutional Services Assistant
Proposed Salary Range
Type of Employment: Staff
Employment Status: Full time (29-40 Hrs)
The Institutional Services Assistant is responsible for general cleaning of areas in and around office buildings, class rooms, lecture halls, conference rooms, auditoriums, resident halls, dining areas, building common areas, and other areas as required. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Removes trash from waste baskets, dumps trash, sanitizes and re-lines trash receptacles daily, or as needed, and operates trash compactors.
- Wipes furniture, such as desk tops, tables, and other surfaces.
- Cleans walls, windows, window sills, stairways, and entry ways, as needed.
- Sweeps, mops, and buffs floors, vacuums floors daily, and shampoos carpets, cleans baseboards, dusts and/or wipes clean furniture, desk tops, table tops, cabinets, and other surfaces, such as ceiling fans, black/white boards, appliances, and fixtures.
- Strips, waxes, and buffs floors, as needed or scheduled.
- Cleans bathroom fixtures and stocks restrooms with soap, toilet tissue, and paper towels.
- Cleans areas requiring special cleaning methods, by using specific cleansers, sterilizing equipment, and/or disposing of contaminated wastes.
- Assists in set-up of events and cleaning after events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of basic cleaning techniques as well as cleaning equipment operation and maintenance.
Ability to follow instructions and perform repetitive manual work; cleansers and other agents to clean floors and furniture; use housekeeping cleaning supplies and equipment; work independently without close supervision; follow oral and/or written instructions; perform multiple tasks and to prioritize assignments; perform repetitive manual work and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Monday - Friday
6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Additional Hours as requested and/or needed
This position is considered Essential Personnel and Candidate must have a valid Drivers License.
The formal education equivalent of a High School Diploma.
Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the Qualifications Review Committee.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.