Facility Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Position Number 012414
Position Classification Title Building & Environmental Sup
Functional Title Facility Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Position Type Staff
This position is responsible for performance and personnel management of 10-20 employees (25%), training of current employees and recruitment of potential employees (25%), work and project planning (15%), supply ordering/cost control/budgeting for their area of responsibility (10%) and customer service within their area of responsibility (25%). This position is also responsible for housekeeping coverage of the entire campus during afternoon and evening hours.
This position also will be subject to an rotating on-call schedule.
This position is a mandatory position as defined in the Adverse Weather and Emergency Event Policy.
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of experience in the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Some positions may require certification or eligibility for certification.
Three years of experience in the area of assignment.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload a list of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic, or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Recruitment Range $42,540 - $60,097
Org #-Department Housekeeping - 56408
Work Hours of Position 2 P.M. - 11 P.M, M-F
Job Family Institutional Services
Competency Level Advanced
Open Date 10/10/2018
Close Date 11/09/2018
Job Close Date
Salary Grade Equivalency 62
Number of Months per Year 12
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently have a valid drivers license?
- No Response
- * How many years of housekeeping experience do you have?
- Five (5) or more
- Two (2) to four (4)
- At least one (1) year of experience
- Less than one (1)
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu