Dining Services Attendant I-18001677
Dining Services Attendant I-18001677
This is an academic year position working 42 weeks per year.
Tufts Dining is a self-operated food service provider managing a comprehensive collegiate food service program on the Tufts University Medford-Somerville campus delivering high quality, contemporary and innovative food and hospitality services to meet the various needs of students, faculty, staff and visitors in a fiscally responsible manner. Our team operates a progressive resident dining program for approximately 4000 students as well as responsive retail services and a distinctive university catering program serving the campus community totaling 5100 undergraduates, 1700 graduate students, and 2300 faculty, staff and administrators.
The Dining Service Attendant-1 will provide outstanding service to Tufts Dining customers by engaging in a variety of general food service and hospitality related tasks. The DSA-1 will consistently greet, welcome and interact with customers in a warm and friendly manner to promote an atmosphere of hospitality and familiarity. S/He will be knowledgeable about the ingredients and preparation methods of the foods served, especially with regards to the presence of potential allergens. The DSA-1 will prepare, assemble and/or serve various foods and beverages in a professional manner. S/He will keep assigned food service stations and storage areas properly stocked. S/He will set-up and maintain assigned food service stations throughout service periods and will assist elsewhere in the unit as customer demand requires. S/He will break-down, clean and sanitize food service stations according to established procedures at the end of a service periods. The DSA-1 will set-up and work cold buffet, hot buffet, grill, soup and salad, floor, desserts, beverages, dining room and/or other food service stations in the unit as required. S/He will assist the culinary staff with basic food service tasks such as carving meats, light cooking and food preparation, garnishing, and food display. General cleaning tasks in accordance with accepted food service sanitation standards that are assigned as part of the daily unit housekeeping and sanitation schedules. S/He will provide table service and other related tasks for special events.
- At least 6 months working in food service, retail or other customer service related business.
- Must have tolerance for long shifts standing, walking, lifting, and performing various other repetitive physical tasks.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English in order to communicate effectively with management, peers and customers.
- Must have good interpersonal skills with the ability to comfortably interact with customers and peers in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Must be able to understand and execute basic food service sanitation and safety practices.
- Must have the ability to take direction from leadership, to understand job requirements and show initiative in completing related job tasks in the service of the customer.
- Must have an appreciation for teamwork and willingness to work together with peers.
- High school diploma/GED preferred.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Academic year position working 42 weeks per year.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Carmichael Dining Hall
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Oct 10, 2018, 11:49:07 AM