The Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies (CIMAS) of the University of Miami invites applications for a Secretary position. The Secretary embraces and provides secretarial support to accomplish the CIMAS mission. The successful incumbent prepares and submits Workday expense reports and purchase orders; Prepares and submits new temporary employee and students hire paperwork; answers telephones, takes messages, answer routine questions and transfers calls to appropriate individuals; Keeps google spreadsheet up to date; Collect, sort and distribute mail and correspondence; Assists with special projects and events on an ad hoc basis as assigned; Perform daily functions in office operations as required; Inventories and upkeeps of the CIMAS storage room; Assists with outreach activities on an ad hoc basis as assigned; Applies independent judgement in the completion of assignments; Performs other duties as required.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• At least 1 year of relevant work experience, 4 years of experience preferred.
• Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports, and correspondence.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
• Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
• Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
• Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
Apply online at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P100004311
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information-https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html]]>