Digital Content Strategist
Job SummaryEastern Washington University is seeking a Digital Content Strategist in the Department of Marketing and Communications. This position brings an audience-first approach to planning and overseeing the content strategy, requirements, and deliverables that support EWU's brand across web, social media and other digital platforms.
Through analysis, writing/editing, usability, and project management, the digital content strategist achieves business goals by maximizing the impact of content. This position develops, updates and maintains a content strategy for the EWU brand, including the creation of targeted and differentiated user-centric narratives, content journeys (including calls-to-action), and corresponding deliverable plans that bring those narratives to life.
The ideal candidate will have three or more years of professional experience working with web content. The candidate must excel in communication, organization and creativity, with a keen ability to juggle multiple tasks. We're looking for someone with strong editing and writing talent, and a passion for storytelling.
On top of salary, the university offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment, will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees' Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, design, communications, public relations, technical writing or related field
• Demonstrated content writing, editing and distribution skills, with an emphasis on goal planning, measurement, optimization and syndication
• 3+ years working with content for web and social media platforms
• Excellent skills in gathering, synthesizing, and analyzing internal and external research into sound content analyses
• Demonstrated knowledge of UX design and web accessibility principles
• Proven project management experience
• Familiarity with web and social media analytics platforms, and examples of data-informed decision making
• Demonstrated ability to be a collaborative partner, as well as a thought leader and facilitator
• Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting universal accessibility, cultural competency and/or diversity
• Experience creating web content through WordPress CMS
• Experience monitoring content with web reporting tools like SiteImprove
• Experience with project management systems (Trello, BaseCamp, etc.)
• Strong understanding of AP Style
• Supervisory experience
• Fluent in English and Spanish, or bilingual
• Experience working in higher education or the public sector
Other Skills and Abilities: