Learning Lab Assistant (Part-Time)-EXTENDED
Learning Lab Assistant (Part-Time)-EXTENDED
Mt. San Antonio College
Job Category: Classified Unit A
Time (Percent Time): 47.5%
Term (months/year): 12 months/year
Current Work Schedule (days, hours): Wednesday-Thursday, 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Saturday, 7:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Salary Range: A-72
Salary: Steps 1 - 6, $1,842 - $2,351 per month (prorated)
Health & Welfare: Employees working less than fifty (50%) percent are not eligible for health and welfare benefits. The District participates in the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS), State Teachers’ Retirement System (STRS) retirement programs, and MetLife Social Security Alternative Plan. *Note Salary and Health & Welfare Benefits are subject to change
Department: Learning Assistance Center
Open Date: 10/09/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Under general supervision, assists in the daily operation of the department; registers, schedules, and assists students in utilizing resources and technologies.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from the assigned manager. Exercises no supervision of staff. Provides technical or functional direction and training to student workers.
This is the journey-level class in the Learning Lab Assistant series. Incumbents perform the full range of duties in operating the assigned facility, training student workers in the procedures of the department and monitoring exams. Incumbents at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the facility. This class is distinguished from the assigned manager in that the latter has overall responsibility for overseeing and coordinating the daily operation of the facility.
Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities:
1. Provides high level of customer service to students, responds to inquiries over the phone or in person from students, faculty, and/or the public regarding the department’s policies, procedures, and regulations.
2. Registers students and provides technical assistance in using the facility, assists students with computer use; distributes learning materials.
3. Monitors exams and ensures that students follow appropriate rules and procedures.
4. Provides daily reporting and maintenance of confidential files related to student usage of the facility.
5. Trains and provides direction to student workers at the facility.
6. Maintains order and discipline in the assigned facility to facilitate an optimal learning environment for students.
7. Learns and applies emerging technologies and, as necessary, to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely manner.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Standard office practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment, basic record-keeping, and arithmetic.
2. Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulatory codes, ordinances, and procedures relevant to assigned area of responsibility.
3. Departmental practices and procedures and applicable District policies.
4. Principles and practices of data collection and report preparation.
5. Basic accounting methods, procedures, and terminology.
6. Principles of business letter writing.
7. English usage, spelling, vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation.
8. Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, students, and District staff, including individuals of various ages, disabilities, socio-economic, and ethnic groups.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Support the daily operation of the facility.
2. Interpret, apply, and explain the facility’s resources and services.
3. Interpret, apply, and explain applicable District policies, rules and regulations related to areas of responsibility.
4. Make accurate arithmetic computations.
5. Organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
6. Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
7. Understand scope of authority in making independent decisions.
8. Review situations accurately and determine appropriate course of action using judgment according to established policies and procedures.
9. Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Minimum Qualifications/Education & Experience:
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade supplemented by two (2) years of college-level coursework at a regionally accredited college and three (3) full-time equivalent years of responsible related experience.
1. The organization, operations, policies and objectives relating to college computer labs
2. The operation of PCs and Macs and various computer software applications
3. Technical and instructional support services for computer labs
4. Search engines and functions of the internet Advanced technology and
5. Preparing and setting up computer laboratory assignments, exercises, demonstrations, and instructional materials
License(s) & Other Requirements:
The incumbent may periodically be required to travel to a variety of locations. If operating a vehicle, employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
Incumbents work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Incumbents may interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard and specialized office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. This is primarily a sedentary office classification although standing in work areas and walking between work areas may be required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. Incumbents in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Incumbents must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 20 pounds.
Instructions re: Confidential Letter of Recommendation:
Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: http://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/ASR_2017.pdf
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Typing Certificate Requirements:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, those submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on February 4, 2019, are assured consideration.
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation).
5. College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree (if applicable) are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: [email protected].
DO NOT include photographs or any personal information (e.g. D.O.B, place of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
TRAVEL POLICY: Costs associated with travel in excess of 150 miles one way from residence for the purpose of an interview will be reimbursed up to a $500 maximum (per position recruitment). Relocation costs will be borne by the successful candidate. Travel reimbursement claims must be submitted no later than 30 days following the interview date.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: [email protected].
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview. Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, and/or performance test. The start date will be following Board approval and receipt of live scan clearance.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be guaranteed consideration, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received before the initial screening date and time indicated on the job posting. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All application materials will become College property, will not be returned, and will not be copied. Please visit our employment website at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to complete and submit your application for this position.
Letters of Recommendation
Confidential letters of recommendation are not accepted for this position. All letters of recommendation must be uploaded to the application.
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.
Conflict of Interest:
Conflict of Interest
Cancel RTF Policy:
We reserve the right to reopen, re-advertise, delay, or cancel filling this position.
To apply, visit: https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency