Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I (Extended)
Los Rios Community College District
Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I (Extended)
Job Posting Number: C00551P
Salary: $7,145.50 per month
Closing Date: 10/25/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6576
Join our Information Technology team and make an impact supporting our student systems. The primary focus of this position is tasked with developing Net, PHP, HTML, Perl and SAP Crystal Reports; assisting in maintaining District web pages and reporting system. Supporting SQL Server database(s) and ETL process.
The position works primarily with Web Server architecture, including but not limited to .Net, , XML, Web Services, Java, Oracle SQL and PeopleSoft applications and architecture.
This position supports the ERM systems (PeopleSoft) and interfacing systems.
The position works closely with college and district staff to resolve IT issues related to the Student, Financial and/or HR business and system processes.
The Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I is an experienced, senior-level technical or business specialist. Incumbent has primary responsibility for Business or Technical Analysis on multiple systems at the College-wide or District-wide level. The Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I is primarily responsible for first line functional and/or technical support of designated business areas. The Information Technology Business/Technical Analyst I operates with routine oversight. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Information Technology department.
Operations (including security, performance, problem resolution, and budgets):
• Business Analyst – Primary responsibility for business analysis at college-wide or district level.
• Technical Analyst – Primary responsibility for analysis, development, and maintenance of technical applications that support college-wide or district-wide level functions. This includes but not limited to the ERM (enterprise resource management system – ERM).
• Be able to research, set-up, and configure system functionality per existing, created, or delivered documentation on any system that supports the District.
• Primary focus to provide business analyst and/or technical analyst support for one or more similar systems or business areas (such as multiple modules in a functional domain and/or an interface that supports the primary focus).
• Secondary focus is assist in research, configuration, setup, and/or development of specific modules across functional domains and across multiple technical platforms.
• Business Analyst – May maintain multiple functional applications and/or multiple servers for one or more similar systems and/or related functional area.
• Technical Analyst – Performs installation and patching of software for development and production assigned systems.
• Technical Analyst – Analyzes and resolves technical issues.
• Works with vendor to resolve problems.
• Provides vendor with enhancement requests.
• Creates scripted procedures and/or programming to automate support functions.
• Monitors performance, availability, and capacity of assigned functional applications.
• Performs analysis, application and migration of patches to the assigned functional applications, both in development and production.
• Maintains relevant technical documentation for District Information Technology.
• Conducts internal and external research to gather data and objectives/guidelines for organization-wide information systems.
• Conducts various types of analysis including alternative, business applications, cost benefit, data, feasibility, impact, technical and/or workflow processes.
• Advises on project and system feasibility.
• Monitors the service delivery of information systems and recommends needed changes or improvements.
• Conducts analysis using tools and techniques to address business application issues.
• Uses established industry methods and standards for conducting research, developing models, and performing statistical analysis.
• Develops business models.
• Designs and develops application.
• Supports development and production application environments per vendor standards.
• Analyzes, detects, and corrects technical problems and deficiencies.
• Supports production control and operational activities.
• Researches, identifies, and documents business and system requirements.
• Designs, codes, tests and implements pages and programs; creates timelines and documentation as needed.
• Translates and simplifies requirements for technical design.
• Creates functional requirements in use cases; coordinates requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifies with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
• Provides/develops technical documentation for existing and delivered system applications across functional domains.
• Participates in projects and provides task definitions and time estimates within assigned role.
• Performs project planning and management for small and medium sized projects and software patch cycles.
• Manages on-going priorities, schedules, and task completions.
• Provides development for multiple projects.
Organizational Support and Leadership:
• Attends vendor training (off-site or web-based).
• Assists and provides coverage for other Information Technology staff in similar roles.
• Maintains knowledge and provides advice in the business areas supported.
• Evaluate potential software solutions, including off-the-shelf and open source components, and the system architecture to ensure that they meet business requirements.
• Leads functional business process re-engineering teams and continuous improvement efforts.
• Acts as liaison between Information Technology departments and customer business units.
• Researches vendor sites for technical information/updates, new product updates, and future trends.
• Participates in long-range Information Technology planning and related cost analysis within assigned area.
• Following established plans, implements system architectures, policies, and procedures, additions, replacements, upgrades, or retirement of computer, network, database management or application systems.
Performs related duties as required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, management information systems, engineering or closely related field and two years' experience directly related to the job duties; OR, a Bachelor's degree and four years' experience directly related to the job duties.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
PeopleSoft Business Analyst