Coors Fitness Center Service Associate
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the school's academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 32 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The Front Desk Associate is a non-benefited, part-time position that is not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year. This position is responsible for ensuring proficient operation of the facility and exceptional Customer Service is provided. The Fitness Center front desk staff play an integral part in the success of the Coors Fitness Center & DU Athletics and Recreation department as a whole! We are seeking individuals that are ready and willing to jump into an exciting opportunity to be the face of an NCAA Div-1 Athletics and Recreation program. The Front Desk Associates desk operate as the information center for the Athletics and Recreation department.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment for all Coors Fitness Center members and guests.
- Provide exceptional customer service in all situations.
- Respond to member and guests questions and comments.
- Complete daily facility checklists.
- Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings.
- Assist other areas of the facility as necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to assist with minor maintenance activities.
- Maintain a vast knowledge of Coors Fitness Center programming and general knowledge of all Athletics and Recreation programming.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Able to move about the Ritchie Center while transporting equipment or objects up to 50 pounds.
- Experience with RecTrac or other point of sale system.
- High School diploma & some college experience.
- Current American Red Cross CPR, AED & First-Aid certification.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience.
- Varied shifts to cover Coors Fitness Center hours (4:30a-11:30p M-S)
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) October 16, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Resume and/or application
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.