Mathematics Adjunct Instructor (Chicago Loop)
National Louis University’s Undergraduate College is seeking Adjunct Mathematics Instructors to join our team, beginning in winter (January 2019) and spring (April 2019) term.
We are a team of dedicated educators who have been working together to build an amazing new Instructional Model that supports first-generation students with a focus on the holistic student. This undergraduate experience is in its fourth year serving students at National Louis University. We have grown consistently each year and next year we will serve over a thousand students, with an anticipated 600 new Freshmen next year! We work fearlessly to educate and retain our students. As a result, we have exceeded national benchmarks through our approach to appreciative advising and data-driven, personalized instruction. Our educational model is student-focused, expects excellence, provides personalized support in a data-driven environment, while grounded by pillars of continuous improvement and innovation to structure our work.
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching
- Demonstrate, maintain, and continuously strengthen content expertise
- Engage in data-driven instruction and student support planning
- Commit to continuous improvement of self and colleagues
Experience and/or Education
• Master’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or closely related field; or Master’s degree or higher in Mathematics Education with 18 graduate semester hours in mathematics coursework required
• Experience with digital tools for teaching, teaching in either online or blended/hybrid formats, and teaching to students of diverse backgrounds and abilities strongly preferred
• Spanish-English bilingual or experience teaching English Language Learners a plus