Executive Director, Human Resources
The Executive Director, Human Resources has the primary responsibility within the College for overseeing the areas of compensation, recruitment, training and development, collective bargaining, employee relations, performance evaluation and overall implementation of all federal and state statutes and College policies and procedures. This position serves as a key member of the College administration.
Examples of Duties:
1. Ensures that the College conforms with all applicable HR related federal, state and local regulations and statutes, as well as the policies, procedures, and strategic plan of the college.
2. Evaluates, reviews, and develops policies and procedures to ensure effective administration and compliance.
3. Develops an employee-oriented organizational culture that emphasizes continuous improvement, team-work, high performance and quality.
4. Engages in the design and administration of all compensation and benefit plans to ensure offerings are competitive, cost effective, and communicated with all employees.
5. Establishes and maintains a confidential system of personnel files and records for various employees groups.
6. Prepares and maintains an accurate system of position descriptions covering all approved College positions.
7. Authorizes all payroll actions and recommends pay and classification levels for new employees.
8. Establishes and maintains effective line of communication with the union leadership.
9. Responsible for the coordination of wage administration information between the Human Resources Office and the Business Office.
10. Collaborates with the Office of Diversity and Equity regarding recruitment, investigations of complaints, and other related issues.
11. Prepares statistical reports and confidential employee lists to comply with state reporting requirements, contract negotiations needs, and related reports.
12. Surveys related local, state and federal laws and regulations in order to ensure College compliance.
13. Manages the development of training programs, workshops, retreats, and orientation programs and assists employees in defining and achieving career goals.
14. Designs, develops, and produces reports measuring and analyzing programs' effectiveness.
15. Provides input as requested into the development of Human Resources expenditures within the College budget.
16. Maintains a high level of expertise through participation in approved professional development activities and uses this knowledge to ensure continuous improvement in the College's Human Resources functions.
17. Participates in the Human Resources Affinity Group to ensure compliance with State pensions, benefits, and labor developments/issues.
18. Conducts annual employee performance reviews in compliance with Human Resources policy and procedures.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assistant Director, Human Resources
- Human Resources Benefits/HRIS Manager
- Human Resources Generalist
- Human Resources Assistant
- BA/BS degree in Business Management HR from an accredited college or university; Master's degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible Human Resource management and leadership experience that includes working within a collective bargaining environment with substantial Human Resources experience in higher education and contract negotiations preferred
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of legal and statutory issues related to Human Resource administration
- Demonstrated successful experience in the development and implementation of Human Resources programs and in developing, delivering, and evaluating professional training and education in Human Resource operations
- Working knowledge of current and emerging computer hardware and software, including ERP systems and Microsoft office products; Ellucian Banner experience preferred
- Ability to work well with others from within and outside of the organization, to maintain confidentiality, and to function with a high level of integrity