Associate Director of Dining Services - Student Affairs Division
With a mission to provide unique and diverse food service programs that meet the nutritional, educational, multi-cultural and social needs of students and the university community, Carnegie Mellon Dining Services offers a diverse portfolio of dining destinations. We look to enrich and nourish lives and improve the CMU transformative experience for students.
Reporting through the division of Student Affairs, the Dining Services department is searching for an Associate Director. This is an excellent opportunity if you thrive in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will contribute to the department by serving as an integral member of the team and the main point of contact for twelve established dining vendors, along with the daily operational oversight of those vendors.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring contract compliance (i.e. food safety, sanitation, pricing);
- Managing vendor relations, responding to all inquiries, and providing direction to vendors on matters related to facilities, equipment and technologies;
- Administering several annual activities, such as the catering and retail price increases, vendor reviews, and the execution of the Taste of the Tartan’s event;
- Collaborating with Student Affairs Facilities Management to ensure compliance of the custodial cleaning agreement, including transitional cleaning;
- Leading all sustainability initiatives, including the Real Food Challenge, and organizes all monthly Dining Student Advisory Committee (DSAC) and vendor meetings; and
- Assisting the Director with contract management, financial analysis, capital planning and overall strategy development for financial investments and facility improvements.
- You should have strong analytical, organization and problem solving skills, well-developed written communication and presentation skills, and ability to recommend creative solutions based on data. --------
- Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within Dining Services. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a dynamic population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
Application materials including a resume, cover letter, and references will be given top consideration.
Bachelor’s degree in food service, hospitality management, business administration, or related field required; a combination of experience and education will be considered.
Three to five years of progressive experience in food service operations required; experience in higher-education food service preferred.