Assistant Dean, Business and Technology
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Assistant Dean, Business and Technology position. Reporting to the Dean, Business and Technology, the Assistant Dean, Business and Technology oversees curricular and programmatic initiatives in the Division, providing periodic reports to the Dean to ensure clear communications and facilitate required approval processes. The Assistant Dean provides support and assistance to the Dean to ensure academic quality and to further Divisional curricular and programmatic goals, and assists with the planning of Division curriculum, assessment, and other program related initiatives. The Assistant Dean works closely with Department Heads in the Division and provides oversight and supervision to direct reports.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Master's degree is required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Three (3) years of college/university level experience working with faculty in the development, design and assessment of curriculum required.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills, ability to function independently, and ability to produce quality work with attention to detail required.
• Demonstrated ability to work productively and collaboratively with others required.
• Excellent interpersonal and time management skills, as well as good oral and written communication skills required.
• Ability to manage shifting priorities and multiple demanding projects.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities working with faculty, staff and students of diverse backgrounds, as well as deep commitment to issues of diversity, equity and inclusion required.
• Demonstrated project management skills required.
• Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Master's degree in a Business, Technology, or Higher Education Administration related area preferred.
• Prior supervisory experience preferred.
• Experience using enterprise-wide software preferred.