Instructional Designer II, Corporate College
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office, University Park location at 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
The Instructional Designer II is responsible for a full range of learning and development activities for web-based and instructor-led training and learning programs. Conducts needs assessments, designs and develops curriculums/instructional plans, evaluates training programs for effectiveness, and provides consultation for a broad array of learning and development issues. Advises on appropriate instructional technologies, including e-learning/web-based formats. Leads teams that include clients and subject matter experts to complete instructional design projects.
- Designs and develops highly complex course curricula and related content and materials.
- Oversees development of curricula or programs by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in support of an assigned functional area, consulting often with SME's.
- Conducts complex needs assessments and provides on-going analysis of learning programs across a broad spectrum of positions.
- Develops and conducts individual and group training workshops. Utilizes eLearning tools to develop web-based training. Advise online faculty on appropriate instructional technologies, including online learning/web-based formats.
- Evaluates training programs or curricula for effectiveness and desired outcomes. Utilizes feedback to initiate changes, refinements and improvements.
- Serves as primary LSC-Online representative/point-of-contact for LSC-campus online faculty community providing online, phone, email, and desk-side support. Troubleshoots and resolves Tier I and II level technical issues.
- Consults with leaders of major constituency groups within the organization to assess, trend, and analyze learning needs of employees across the region based on current and future strategic plans.
- Develops strategic plans for development of training curricula, professional development and technical programs.
- Responsible for leadership of a variety of learning/instructional design projects.
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of ADDIE course design
- Broad knowledge of adult learning principles, practices and procedures
- Attention to detail and ability to cope with several tasks simultaneously, and remain detail oriented
- Strong initiative and analytical skills
- Capable of performing as project lead in cross functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent skills with on-line learning products and technologies
- Project management skills and team leadership skills
- Ability to determine own approach for completing work
- Ability to make rational decisions through sound logic and deductive processes
- Ability to determine the problem of an issue and create an individual solution
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards; some local travel within the LSC service is required
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Degree in Instructional Design, Curriculum Development or Organizational Development
- SAP Products Knowledge
- At least 4 years of experience implementing ADDIE.
- At least 4 years of experience in Design coursework with labs and ILT in industry
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacation days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
Work Locations: 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Rd) (0801) , 20515 SH 249 , Houston , 77070
Job: Academic Affairs
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Oct 24, 2018, 1:05:59 AM