Assistant Supervisor, Custodial Services
Facilities Services Building Services
Location: NEW ORLEANS, LA
Assists in the supervision and performance of custodial personnel. Performs custodial duties, and other duties as assigned.
This is an Essential Personnel position, which can require that the incumbent must report for duty and work through emergencies, and also can be designated by the supervisor as essential for the accomplishment of work, or for the completion of a critical task.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Ability to lift and carry equipment and supplies up to 45 lbs., up and down stairs and throughout the work area
- Ability to climb ladders up to 6' in height and flights of stairs
- Ability to operate commercial cleaning machinery including but not limited to rotary buffers, vacuum cleaners, pressure washers, man lifts, extractors, and blowers
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions with simple diagrams
- Ability to work independently and perform well with group assigned tasks
- Ability to work late evening, overnight, weekend, and holiday working hours
- Ability to stand, walk, climb, and stoop for extended periods of time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be available to be on-call for emergencies
- Ability to be available to work some split shifts
- Computer literacy
- Ability to use two-way radios
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three years custodial/housekeeping experience
- Two years of supervisory experience
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.