Location: New Orleans, LA
The Accountant I is responsible for financial review and oversight (completion of all financial reports, processing of invoices/purchase information, all other financial related activities, etc.) for the Cardiology Section of the School of Medicine. Assists the Section Administrator with the daily oversight of the financial activity within the department.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to interact with individuals internal and external to the organization in an effective, courteous, and productive manner
- Excellent organizational skills; the ability to prioritize work to meet anticipated and established deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and the propensity to bring projects or issues to closure
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on word processing, database and spreadsheet software applications
Bachelor's degree and 1 year of accounting experience
High school diploma/equivalent and 4 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Accounting
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.