Administrative Program Coordinator
School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
Location: New Orleans, LA
The Administrative Program Coordinator helps to facilitate day to day functions of the Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH) academic degree program, and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to: coordinating daily office operations, coordinating meetings and special events, maintaining student records and program files, providing administrative support for assigned faculty and teaching assistants, as well as updating and managing the program website. The Administrative Program Coordinator reports to the BSPH Program Manager, the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies, and ultimately to the Dean of SPHTM.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Knowledge of, and a proficiency with, a variety of software including database applications, MS Office, CMS web applications, Adobe Pro Suite, and more as needed. Ability to quickly learn new software and computer applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well under pressure; excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interact well with diverse groups of people, including students, parents of students, university leadership and faculty; excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all work performed
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed
High School Diploma/Equivalent and two year's directly related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, or Health Sciences
- Experience working in higher education administration
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.