University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Public Affairs
Position #617227 - Requisition 14918
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The School of Public Affairs has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) IT Professional position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
As Colorado's only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state's cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society's most complex problems. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
This position provides knowledge and support to enable the School of Public Affairs (SPA) faculty, staff and students to make the best use of available technology to meet the School's mission. Desktop, laptop and helpdesk support is accomplished both during office hours and after regular office hours (for specific classes, events and emergencies). This position acts as the liaison between SPA, CU central Office of Information Technology (OIT) departments, software, and hardware vendors. This position is responsible for ensuring IT compliance and security. This position deals with numerous hardware configurations and software applications applicable to SPA in operating approximately 75 workstations, 2 computer labs with 26 workstations, 2 smart classrooms, 3 conference rooms and various portable equipment. End-users' knowledge varies widely so this position must adapt to differing user needs while maintaining a high-level of customer service.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Install, maintain and upgrade in a timely manner applicable SPA shared IT resources and services, equipment, hardware, software, licenses, and video conferencing equipment in all SPA offices, classrooms, labs, and conference rooms.
- Provide technical and audiovisual support for SPA classes, SPA classrooms, and for various SPA events.
- Coordinate all IT purchases (hardware, software, licenses, etc.), warranties and rebates.
- Create and maintain an accurate (complete and up-to-date) inventory of IT equipment, including description, date of purchase and disposal, and track software licenses.
- Maintain a record of loaned, checked out equipment.
- Manage access to SPA file share directories, email distribution lists, shared printers and other shared resources.
- Manage all file share folders and appropriate levels of access.
- Implement listservs and train listserv owners.
- Manage the IT portion of SPAWorkorder task management system in a timely and effective manner.
- Carry a university-provided cell phone to provide emergency technical assistance during and outside of business hours.
- Provide support for approved university business related software applications on SPA computer equipment.
- Provide faculty technology support, including support for the use of available instructional technology in all CU Denver available classrooms.
- Create, and maintain accurate step-by-step instructions on technology in all SPA conference rooms, classrooms and labs.
- Provide SPA users with instructions for common technical tasks such as connecting to department servers and e-mail from home, and using audio-visual equipment.
- Provide regular updates and trainings for staff and faculty in the use of technology commonly used in the SPA and new applications introduced by OIT. Keep all SPA users informed of available software or applications.
- Serve as liaison and point of contact between SPA and University OIT departments and other University units.
- Keep current on technology issues and changes pertinent to higher education within the University system, in Colorado and nationally by attending University OIT meetings, trainings, applicable industry conferences and webinars.
- Facilitate the SPA computer replacement program within budget, keeping a balance between maintaining a high standard of IT performance with cycling computers for maximum usage.
- Ensure all SPA technologies are compliant with the CU Denver computer policies.
- Maintain security for all unit servers, sensitive data, laptops, including installing updates consistent with CU Denver OIT department policies.
- Perform other related work or required by the nature and scope of the position.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring salary has been established as $55,000.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, management/computer information systems, computer engineering, information technology, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- One year of professional level experience with Windows and Macintosh information technology support.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the one year of specific experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to carry a university-provided cell phone to provide emergency technical assistance during and outside of business hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- At least two years of previous experience in a higher education setting maintaining hardware, software, and other IT resources for various users.
- Experience with audio-visual technologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with University of Colorado computer and information technology policies and practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to support Windows based OS and Apple and iOS products and management technologies.
- Current knowledge of software and hardware and best practices that support instruction, research, and administrative services.
- Ability to work independently, follow standards and procedures and meet deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Ability to organize and manage a customer-oriented technology support process.
- Ability to respond to technical support requests from individual faculty and staff who have varying technical abilities and needs.
- Flexibility to provide options to SPA users concerning how they work with technology.
- Ability to analyze new technologies and their relevance to the school and to make recommendations.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: [Elizabeth Pae, [email protected]]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by October 21, 2018. Those who do not apply by October 21st may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30081 - SPA-Dean's Office
Posting Date: Oct 16, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Elizabeth Pae
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00617227