University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Department of Anesthesiology invites applications for a part-time (0.75 FTE) faculty position as Instructor for Anatomy within the Master of Science in Anesthesiology Program and Acute Pain Services (APS). This position will work in collaboration with the APS multidisciplinary team (Physician, Advanced Practice Provider, PharmD) to provide clinical care to inpatients referred to the APS.
- Collaborate with program leadership, and with Medical Director's approval, design and implement curricula for Anatomy Fundamentals for Anesthetists and Applied Anatomy for Anesthetists. Deliver instruction and assess learning objectives as it pertains to the designed curricula
- Evaluate students throughout the progress of the courses via quizzes, tests and any other appropriate assignments and grading rubrics
Other Program Duties
- Assist in teaching other courses as needed per the Medical Director
- Serve as a consultant for the program's day-to-day operations as it pertains to program development and educational activities
- Proctor AA Wellness, Professionalism and Senior Seminar sessions as needed
- Serve as a member of the Progress & Promotions Committee for the CU AA Program
- Assist with AA Program recruitment including screening applications and participating in interview sessions
- Assist with student remediation plans as needed per Program Director & Medical Director
- Assist with student meetings as needed per Program Director
- Assist with annual report preparation and site visit
- Assist with AA student orientation as needed
- Assist with pre-health CAA recruitment events
Acute Pain Services
- Provides comprehensive assessment and management of pain for hospitalized patients.
- Provides pain-related nursing and resident physician education.
- Assists with monthly anesthesia resident orientation and onboarding process.
- Participates in pain-related research and evaluation.
- Promotes an environment of mutual respect among the interdisciplinary team, referring services, patients, and families.
- Practices holistically, considering patients' physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual needs.
- In collaboration with Pain Service physicians, obtains a comprehensive health history, performs a physical examination, and establishes a diagnosis.
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, evaluates and manages a follow-up plan based on the patient's response.
- Documents in the medical record the health appraisal data, history, physical findings, diagnosis, treatments, and progress.
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary Pain Service, initiates requests for consultation to other healthcare providers.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to maintain good communication among families, primary care providers, and other referral services.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team in developing and implementing pain-related policies and procedures, order sets, and clinical documentation templates.
- Participates in quality improvement projects, including initiation and assisting with problem identification and data collection.
- Independently seeks opportunities to expand own clinical knowledge and skills and achieve professional development goals.
- Participates in professional affiliations and networks with professional colleagues.
- Participates on department/division/hospital committees as needed/requested.
- Formal training in anesthesiology with a Master's level degree or higher
- Minimum of 5 years of anesthesia-related experience
- Minimum of 5 years of teaching/educational experience
- Demonstrates strong pedagogical techniques and competencies in anatomy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with students and faculty
- Passion for anesthesia, education and for the learning process of Anesthesiologist Assistant students
- Must have ability to be accredited within the University of Colorado hospital to act as a physician extender in the area of acute and chronic pain and/or preoperative services.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14912
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20138 - SOM-Anesthesiology
Posting Date: Oct 9, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Haleigh Stout
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00755346