Performs administrative work supervising a small or functional area within a department, division or college. Assists with the oversight and management of materials, schedules, assigned staff and policies & procedures.
- Manage department/unit calendar as well as the individual calendars/appointments of personnel in the department/unit
- Manage front desk and lobby, including greeting and assisting visitors as well as answering and directing phone calls.
- Inventory and purchase office supplies as well as other items needed for the smooth functioning of the department/unit.
- Manage student assistants, including schedules, workload, tasks, etc.
- Operate, maintain, and request repairs for, office equipment such as the fax machine, copier, or phone system as needed.
- Maintain/Update various documents for Staff/Students.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information, organizing files, processing paperwork, managing the inventory for office supplies and equipment, scheduling or coordinating travel arrangements, and other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department/unit.
- Knowledge of University systems and technology associated with managing office supply inventory and coordinating travel.
- Knowledge of principals and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluations of customer satisfaction.
- Problem assessment and creative problem solving abilities.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems, university systems, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships, including the ability to develop constructive and cooperative relationships with others and maintaining them.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous supervisory experience