Office Support Assistant - University of Illinois Extension - Breese, IL
Office Support Assistant - University of Illinois Extension
Units 18 & 23 Cluster - Breese, IL (Clinton County - Unit 23)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Primary Position Function/Summary: This staff member works under general supervision to organize, coordinate, and perform a variety of clerical duties requiring knowledge of general office and university procedures and methods, the ability to operate a variety of office equipment, and the ability to operate computer systems, such as Microsoft Office and Quicken, and university based software packages.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate monthly financial records for the In/Out and 4-H Federation accounts
- Make deposits in the required time frame
- Follow procedures to pay bills using the p-card or In/Out Account
- Complete travel documents for staff
- Handle miscellaneous reimbursement process
- Provides clerical and secretarial support to the County Director, Educators, Program Coordinator, and Community Worker, within the unit office.
- Prepares correspondence, newsletters, program materials, news releases, presentations and reports using a variety of computer software such as Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Publisher
- Prepares mass mailings. This includes duplication of materials, preparation of mailing labels and affixing appropriate postage
- Opens and routes mail
- Maintains county mailing lists, adds and drops names from master lists without detailed review
- Maintains subject matter files of Extension pamphlets, brochures, newsletters and related materials; provides materials to public upon request. (resale)
- Assists in maintaining 4-H records/enrollments on the 4-H Online program
- Maintains filing system of unit office, office supply inventories, and organization of office common areas
- Answers both oral and written inquiries, providing standard information related to various program areas, university policies, and office procedures
- Receives visitors and answers telephones; refers inquiries to appropriate persons or responds to calls with factual information
- Makes meeting and other physical arrangements for meetings, conferences or workshops as directed
- Comply with Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and procedures in all aspects of programming under the University of Illinois guidelines
- Performs related duties as assigned
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or combination totaling six (6) months from the following categories:
(a) work experience performing simple, repetitive clerical/office support activities, including use of computer systems
(b) vocational training that provided a knowledge of generally accepted clerical procedures
(c) college or university course work in Office Occupations, Business Administration, Business Education, or closely related fields
12 semester hours = six (6) months
(d) college or university course work in any curriculum
24 semester hours = six (6) months
For more information about this classification:
This Office Support Assistant position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $16.08 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for EXT-OS ASSISTANT- BREESE (CLINTON). Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Extension
Title: Office Support Assistant - University of Illinois Extension - Breese, IL
Open Date: 10/09/2018
Close Date: 10/18/2018
Organization Name: Unit 23