.NET SOFTWARE ENGINEER
JOB NO.: 96238-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Web Design/Development
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96238-AS
Working Title: .NET Software Engineer
Official Title: SR SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER(T32BN) or SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER(T32DN)
Anticipated Begin Date: DECEMBER 01, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $65,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
No degree required
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* 2 or more years of professional development experience with .NET, C#, and MVC.
* 2 or more years of experience developing databases and creating complex queries using Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle.
* Demonstrated success leading projects.
* Excellent communication, customer service, teamwork, and issue resolution skills.
* Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
* Willingness and demonstrated ability to continuously learn, improving technical and non-technical effectiveness.
* Front-end development expertise. For example, experience with Razor, Angular, or Single Page Application technologies.
* Software testing expertise including unit testing, regression testing, system testing, load testing, and use of automated testing tools.
* Experience with Git based version control and issue tracking systems.
* Demonstrated aptitude for leadership.
License or certificate:
This position is located within the UW-Madison Division of Information Technology (DoIT), Application Development and Integration department, Web and Mobile Solutions (WaMS) group. This position is for an experienced mid-level, or senior .NET web application developer with a solid software development background, demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service, a love for consulting, and a passion for leveraging cutting-edge technology to address our customer's needs. As a consultant, the position serves customers all across the UW-Madison campus. Primary high-level responsibilities are:
* Business Analysis - participate in the analysis of customer's business requirements and high-level functional design of systems;
* Software Development - perform complex programming activities utilizing ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web Forms; conduct robust software testing;
* Software Support - Implement enhancements, perform regression testing, develop documentation, and troubleshoot/debug production systems;
* Project Management - lead all aspects of engagements with campus customers.
Please note that successful applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship, on or before the effective date of appointment.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Online" button to start the application process. To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should specifically address the qualifications listed above.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Oct 9 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Nov 6 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time