Associate Project Engineer
Requisition # 2018-9443
Department PPPL Engineering and Infrastrc
Category Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Associate Project Engineer assists Engineering & Physics personnel at LTX, NSTX-U, and other devices at PPPL in the areas of fabrication, assembly, commissioning, and operations. Applys basic theoretical and technical knowledge in engineering design, fabrication, assembly, including performing physical test of such devices. Performs other Engineering tasks as required on devices, machines, equipment for assigned tasks.
- Design, fabricate and assemble experimental devices, including subsystems and upgrades to permit the device to meet goals. As required, compute complex solutions to engineering, fabricating, and operational issues.
- Fabricates, assembles, and machines various machine and device systems. Effectively utilize laboratory's material(s)l and human resources as required.
- Maintain knowledge of PPPL ES&H requirements; consistently apply such requirements. Encourages others to be safety conscious and observe safety rules including use of safety equipment (PPE) Reviews work for environmental impacts. Comply with ES&H Directives, DOE Orders, OSHA standards. Attends required training.
- Knowledge of and supports Laboratory ES&H requirements; consistently applies them. Encourages others to be safety conscious and observe safety rules including use of safety equipment. Reviews work for environmental impact. Complies with ES&H Directives, DOE Orders and OSHA standards. Attends required training.
- BSME with one year of relevant technical experience
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by calling a Human Resources team member at (609) 258-2101.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to Princeton University careers site.