New Media and Design Assistant Professor
Functional Title New Media and Design Assistant Professor
Position Type Tenure Stream
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro School of Art seeks to fill a new tenure-track, Assistant Professor position in New Media and Design.
The School of Art's New Media and Design program introduces students to the variety of conceptual and technological approaches employed by contemporary artists and designers. The successful candidate will contribute significantly to undergraduate and graduate education, art and design creativity, and service to academic and professional institutions. The position will involve curricular development in the candidate's area of creative scholarship. An ideal candidate will have strengths in at least several of the following areas: media and transmedia arts, interactive media, generative and programmatic art, data visualizations, digital photography, video art, digital art, installation, performance, publicly engaged practices or closely related contemporary art practices.
• teach 3 courses each semester
• develop the curriculum in the area of new media and design
• pursue an active and rigorous program of creative research
• engage in an ongoing dialogue about the program and art and design disciplines
• advise and mentor undergraduate and graduate students
• supervise student research projects and theses
• provide service to the department, college, university and community
• salary commensurate with experience
• appointment begins August 1, 2019
• review of applications begins January 14, 2019
• MFA in Visual Art or related field
• significant record of creative activity
• knowledge of contemporary art and design
• 3 years of teaching experience preferred
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Tenure Status Tenure Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply for the position, electronically submit the following as Word or PDF:
• statement of interest
• curriculum vita
• creative research statement
• professional portfolio (20 works with image list or captions)
• teaching philosophy
• portfolio of student work (20 works with image list or captions)
• list of 3 references with names, mailing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers*
The three references for whom applicants are asked to supply contact information will be solicited by the UNCGspartantalent system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Reference/Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur as soon as the applicant successfully submits the application and receives a confirmation number from the UNCGspartantalent system.
Recruitment Range Commensurate with experience
Org #-Department Art - 12203
Job Open Date 10/09/2018
For Best Consideration Date 01/14/2019
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- Research Statement
- Link to Professional Portfolio
- Teaching Philosophy
- Link to Portfolio of Student Work
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu