Medical Receptionist (PER DIEM)
Montclair State is New Jersey's second largest university. It offers the advantages of a large university - a broad undergraduate curriculum with a global focus, a wide variety of superior graduate programs through the doctoral level, and a diverse faculty and student body - combined with a small college's attention to students.
Posting Date October 9, 2018
Position Title Medical Receptionist (PER DIEM)
Vacancy # VC-91018
Department University Health Center
Division Student Devel And Campus Life
The medical receptionist provides the initial contact to the University Health Center for students, visitors and staff. This individual performs a number of duties, including greeting and scheduling patients and visitors and making appointments. They assist with collecting and processing student health documents. The receptionist interacts frequently with patients, medical professionals, and supervisors and must have excellent communication skills.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment which is variable and unpredictable
• Detail oriented
• Strong customer service skills
• Experience working within a medical office setting and familiarity with front desk and telephone triage process
• Ability to multitask and maintain professional manner at all times
• Computer proficiency with experience using electronic appointment scheduling software
• Comfortable working with a multicultural, young adult population and diverse health issues
Qualifications & Requirements
• High School diploma, college degree preferred
• One year of work experience, preferably in a medical setting
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products
• CPR - preferred
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Applicants may submit a cover letter and resum to:
Dr. Patricia M. Ruiz
Director, University Health Center
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION