The Biogeochemistry lab is looking to fill a Research Associate position in the Ocean Sciences Department at the University of Miami. The Biogeochemistry lab is engaged in chemical analysis of dissolved organic carbon and total nitrogen in the ocean as part of the carbon cycle, as well as being responsible for part of the CRMs program that the lab runs. The RA will engage in understanding, and performing chemical analysis of seawater collected in oceanographic cruises around the world. In part, the successful candidate will be responsible of the chemical analysis under the guidance of the principle investigator, as well assist other lab members in their research projects related to the Biogeochemistry lab. In addition, he/she will handle general lab duties, such as ordering supplies, and organizing and maintaining lab notebooks, reagents, protocols, and data.
The successful candidate will further train undergraduate students in the lab, and should be able to present the research findings at group meetings.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Marine science, environmental science or a related discipline.
• Exhibit some experience in general lab work and data analysis.
• An understanding of lab ware handling, and chemicals handling is preferred, but not required.
• Important general qualifications for this position are strong organizational skills, time management, problem-solving skills, and a strong work ethic/willingness to learn, and ease of adaptation to new working environments.
• The successful candidate must also enjoy working in a team setting.
Apply online at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P100044273
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information-https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html]]>