RESEARCH DATA COLLECTOR (Part-Time)
RESEARCH DATA COLLECTOR (Part-Time)
Posting Number: SRGV3407
Number of Vacancies: 30
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Department: College of Health Affairs / Health and Human Performance
Scope of Job:
Collect sociological, health and biological data from pre-kinder students and their parents.
Description of Duties:
• Employment contingent upon successful completion of IRB CiTi training and certification.
• Employment contingent upon clear criminal background check.
• Attend training sessions for one week on methods of project’s data collection (i.e. diet, physical activity and survey) and on the specific data collection methods according to project’s protocol and procedures (will be provided).
• Commitment to work with large number of 4-year-old pre-kinder school children.
• Collects quality data on demographic, health behaviors, and anthropometric of pre-kinder children and their parents.
• Ensures precision and quality collection of data.
• Compiles, assist, sorts, and organizes data collection for entry into main database.
• Initiates, develops and sustains strong positive relationships and professional behaviors with project and school staff.
• Report any inquiries, concerns and injuries to team leaders.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Special supervision from team leader, Evaluation Specialist, and Program Coordinator
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Some college hours.
• One (1) year of general office/computer experience or other applicable experience related to the data collection, or
• No experience with an Associate’s degree or 60 college credit hours.
Bilingual - English/Spanish.
Use of standard office equipment/computer/Microsoft program. Especially Excel.
Most of the work will be performed in school campuses. Must have modes of transportation to visit 6 to 8 assigned schools from 28 schools in La Joya and Pharr-San Juan-Alamo ISDs and comply with school district rules and policies at all times. Must arrive 10 minutes early.
This is a part-time temporary assignment, non-benefits eligible.
Excellent customer service and communication skills. Capacity to multitask under pressure, respond professionally to all inquiries and finish data collection tasks with high quality. Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public. Ability to exercise judgment and collaborate effectively in the solution of practical program relating to office operations and data collection. Teamwork is a must.
Employment Category: Part-Time
Minimum Salary: $12.00 per hour
Posted Salary: Entry Level
Position Available Date: 05/08/2018
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 08/31/2020
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Be advised in order to be considered for this position, you will need to submit your resume to [email protected] Submission of materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged.
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19269
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency