Provide clean and well-maintained classrooms, laboratories, and buildings in support of the Mission Statement of the Facilities, Operations and Maintenance Department.
This position reports to the Lead Custodian and Director of Buildings and Grounds and is responsible to perform custodial duties to maintain the cleanliness of the facilities.
1. Daily - Clean and sanitize restrooms and fixtures in accordance with established practices/procedures. Check restrooms when first going on duty and fill empty dispensers and remove trash from floor. Final cleaning of restrooms is to be done towards the end of the shift.
2. Daily - Clean chalkboards, whiteboards/ erasers, dust/wipe furniture, sweep, mop or vacuum floors, empty wastebaskets, trash/recycle containers, and wash door glass.
3. Daily - Pick up debris and cigarette butts in outside entries.
4. Security - Lock and unlock buildings as needed; secure buildings when not in use; check for unlocked doors and windows at end of shift; report any unauthorized occupants.
5. Verify that assigned areas are set up for the next day's activities.
6. Check areas for maintenance needs. Complete a work order/supply request form for such needs and leave in FOM office at end shift.
7. Strip, clean, buff, and apply floor finish to floors, and shampoo carpets.
8. As needed, spot shampoo carpets, as well as, wash walls and equipment.
9. As needed, assist other custodians in setting up facilities for meetings, conferences, events, etc.
10. As needed, assist staff to move furniture, equipment, supplies, and tools.
11. As needed, wash interior and easily accessible exterior windows.
12. Use equipment for cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets and furniture, including: power equipment and hand tools such as vacuum, broom, mop, buffer, extractor, squeegee, and ladders. Responsible to clean equipment after use and to report equipment maintenance needs on a work order/supply request form.
13. Safety - Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies and utilize appropriate equipment to complete tasks in the safest manner.
14. May perform cleaning and related activities in areas within a reasonable distance from buildings using hand operated tools or small power equipment (activities such as removing snow and debris, sweeping sidewalks or stairs, and sometimes power washing stairs and entries).
15. Perform related duties as required.
Physical ability to do required work.
Positions typically require a valid Washington State Driver's license and a minimum age of 18