Assistant Professor, Information Technology Education (ITE), Programming and Analysis
The Information Technology Education (ITE) prepares students for careers within computer programming, network administration, computer support and other technical occupations in the information technology field. The Information Technology Education Program at Santa Fe College currently offers eight certificate programs, four Associate of Science degrees and one Bachelor of Applied Science degree. ITE at Santa Fe College is seeking a nine (9) month Programming & Analysis assistant professor to promote and encourage student success in a career as a software or website developer through quality instruction and real-world learning experiences beginning Fall 2019.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Plan, organize, and deliver instruction in didactic, laboratory and/or classroom settings to promote student success at both the Associate’s and Bachelor's level. Current course offerings are available on the Santa Fe College website.
- Collaborate with colleagues to evaluate, develop, and revise curricula, as well as pedagogical methods that enhance student mastery of course content.
- Support the mission of the department and college to promote student learning through quality instruction, curriculum enhancement, faculty scholarship, professional development, and service.
- Assist with the implementation of college policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with the Santa Fe philosophy, values, and mission.
- Appropriately document student progress and maintain records including attendance and student learning outcomes.
- Strictly honor student confidentiality and privacy as per appropriate laws, regulations and college rules.
- Participate in departmental meetings, committee work, and complete staff assignments as requested.
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director, Information Technology Education
Required: A Master’s degree in in any of the following qualifying fields: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Decision & Information Technology, Educational Technology, Information Technology, Information Systems, Information Security or Information Assurance along with extensive working knowledge of a C-based language, scripting languages, SQL, and database management. A doctoral degree in a qualifying field is preferred. (For detailed information regarding credentialing requirements for ITE, see page 39-43 of the Faculty Credentialing Manual.)
Preferred: Preference is given to candidates with a higher level degree in a preferred field and/or long-term industry experience. Preferred degrees are Computer Science and Computer Engineering.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Application Process: All applicants must submit an online SF Employment Application; a letter of intent which describes his/her interest in teaching programming and analysis coursework at Santa Fe College and explains the strengths he/she can bring to this faculty position; a current, up-to-date resume; college transcripts; and a written statement that describes your philosophy of teaching ITE and engaging students at an open door institution are all required to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts will only be accepted for review purposes. Candidates should be aware that official transcripts will be required prior to any offer of employment being made.