Student Support Specialist
Under general supervision, assist students with general Registrar questions, works with other staff members to ensure students and families receive answers to their questions related to the Office of the Registrar.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets and directs visitors, as and when appropriate; resolves routine administrative problems and answers inquiries concerning activities and operations of department/division; accepts, screens, and routes telephone calls; maintains log of inquiries as required.
- Assists students and parents with procedures in the Office of the Registrar; answers questions concerning FERPA, grades, enrollment verifications, transcripts and other information as requested.
- Assist with completing enrollment verifications, transcripts, schedule changes and other items as requested.
- Assist with updating and maintaining the KSU website as it relates to the Office of the Registrar.
- Reviews computer generated reports to identify and correct processing errors.
- Sorts, screens, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; drafts or prepares responses to routine inquiries; prepares photocopies and facsimiles, and operates a variety of office equipment.
- Establishes, maintains, processes, and updates files, records, certificates, and/or other documents.
- Assist students with online functions as they relate to KSU, federal and state websites.
- May instruct and oversee the activities of student employees performing the same type of work.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED with 1 to 3 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to verify data input and correct errors.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Position requires: a) cross referencing data to ensure accuracy and completeness; b) verifying data, and extracting data to generate reports; c) recognition of problems in source documents; d) understanding and using software programs necessary to complete task; and e) exemplary customer service skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.