Spiritual Life Director
Job Title: Spiritual Life Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs, the successful candidate will provide administrative leadership, direction and oversight for the Office of Spiritual Life. Ensure religious communities are contributing to the University's mission of inclusivity and diversity by affirming the openness and acceptance of all. Develop and lead interfaith sponsored programming and provide guidance for programs and activities sponsored by religious communities. Administer the budget and oversee expenditures for programs and operations. Provide counsel to students, faculty and staff. Work in collaboration and partnership with members of Kentucky State University and the local community.
1. Provide leadership and direction in managing the operations of the Office of Spiritual Life. Collaborate and partner with departments on campus to more fully integrate the Office of Spiritual Life with the rest of the campus community. Promote the programs and services offered, provide information and serve as resource to enhance awareness, understanding, and appreciation of the diversity of interests which are served by the department.
2. Plan, develop and implement interfaith programs, activities, and services to engage students and enhance students' religious and spiritual life experience. Implement and oversee interfaith dialogue, service, and learning opportunities. Serve as Chaplain to meet the religious and spiritual needs for underrepresented student populations.
3. Develop and implement communication strategies and systems to ensure visibility of the Office of Spiritual Life programs. Design, develop and produce publications for Spiritual Life programs and services in collaboration with Brand Identity.
4. Develop, demonstrate, and promote multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful University community. Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion as a university priority, communicate to employees an expectation of behavior that is civil and inclusive when interacting with all staff, faculty, students and visitors and promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment.
5. Develop, administer and monitor budgets for the Office of Spiritual Life. Prepare and submit budget recommendations; monitor, verify, and oversee reconciliation of expenditure of budgeted funds for specific programs and services.
6. Employ and maintain new methods of engagement with the Office of Spiritual Life for religious leaders and associates.
7. Plan, organize, and coordinate the office's annual Orientation events, Welcome Week Activities, and Alternative Break Programs.
8. Implement methods to assess the effectiveness of programs and services offered by the religious communities. Provide guidance regarding programs and services offered.
9. Serve as a liaison with Student Affairs University administration for crisis management.
10. Develop and present educational workshops for all members of the campus community. Meet with the leadership of student clubs and organizations, as well as other departments to communicate programs and service offered by the Office of Spiritual Life.
Master's degree in Religion, Theology, Ministry, Counseling or related field; proven ability to foster intragroup community amongst people of diverse backgrounds; experience in facilitating interfaith programming working with college students; commitment to religious pluralism and inclusion of/engagement with myriad faith identities and expressions; demonstrated commitment to student development, excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, budgetary literacy, and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team; ability to cultivate an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment; ability to treat all people equitably and with a sensitivity and awareness to cultural difference; demonstrated ability to hold others accountable for behavior that is supportive of a community that is diverse and inclusive are required. Experience in or interest in grant writing is preferred.
Apply for Spiritual Life Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly