Title: PLUMBER, SENIOR
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Under limited supervision, performs maintenance and emergency repairs on plumbing systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and repairs general plumbing components to include toilets, urinals, faucets, hose bibs, and drains.
- Installs, repairs, or replaces domestic hot and cold water lines.
- Repairs and replaces domestic hot water heat exchangers.
- Repairs and replaces pneumatic steam valves, radiator valves, traps, and steam and condensate pipes.
- Repairs and replaces domestic hot water heat pumps, chilled water pumps, sump pumps, and sewage pumps.
- Installs, tests, and repairs all sizes of backflow prevention devices.
- Troubleshoots and repairs steam, water, and gas utility distribution systems.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of trades experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
State of Kentucky Journeyman Plumber's License.
Possession of a valid Kentucky driver’s license is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Plumbing installation, maintenance, and repair skills.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance according to published guidelines.
- Knowledge of steam, water, and natural gas distribution systems maintenance and repair.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, bio-hazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.