Adjunct Faculty - School of Human Development - Chula Vista Cohort Locations
CHULA VISTA COHORT LOCATION
SCHOOL OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
If you value People, Diversity, Social Justice, and Participatory Decision-Making, we'd like to hear from you!
The adjunct faculty position will provide instruction in the B.A. Undergraduate Human Development degree programs.
Instruction positions are located at the instructional site in Chula Vista, San Diego. This position will report directly to the Associate Dean of Human Development, who is based out of the main campus in Pasadena.
- Teaching undergraduate students earning a BA in Human Development with a concentration in Early Childhood Education.
- Developing and managing the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets department and college standards
- Planning and creating lectures, in-class discussions, and assignments
- Grading assigned papers, quizzes, and exams
- Assessing grades for students based on participation, performance in class, assignments, and examinations
- Collaborating with colleagues on course curriculum
- Advising students on how to be successful in class
- Staying updated on innovations and changes within their course field
- Participating in the online learning platform CANVAS to facilitate class discussion, post grades and receive class assignments from students.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Canvas learning management system
- Master's degree in related education or human services field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in education or human services settings
- Must be able to travel to Chula Vista cohort location and/or San Diego sites.
- Exemplary professional experience
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings, weekends and some week days.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School